Have you ever worked towards a goal to only feel like you will never reach that endpoint?
So you set yourself a goal to lose 10kg and you did…but maybe you think you have another 5kg to go? Or you run a marathon…but can’t help to think maybe your time could have been better?
You finally get that promotion that you had been working towards at work…but now you are already working towards that next promotion?
Sound familiar? I know it does! I love nothing more than setting myself a huge goal but sometimes THAT GOAL can seem light-years away and after a while seem almost impossible to reach. It’s easy to get frustrated, tired, annoyed and burnt out as we strive for ‘there’ and feel like we will never reach it!
But what if we viewed progress positively and proactively?
First, look back and see how far you have come? Maybe when you first started going to the gym you were inconsistent at best and only hitting a session now and then. These days you are consistently showing up for 3 classes a week [minimum]. That is huge – write that shit down and celebrate it! Notice the strides you have taken to get to where you are today and use that distance you have traveled to measure your progress.
Then, look ahead. Think about where you are going and plot out your next moves to ensure success. Now you have nailed hitting 3 sessions a week, maybe now it’s time to look at your nutrition a little bit and see where it is you can improve there to help you reach that goal?
Ready to get started? Great, fill out the questions we have listed below, to see how far you have come and noticed the progress made, and next to work out where it is you are going and how you are going to get there.
BUT most of all – give yourself a huge pat on the back – because no matter where you are currently at in your health and fitness journey – you are doing amazing – and deserve to be rewarded for that!
Five questions to ask yourself about your progress so far:
1. What have you put the most effort into during the last few weeks?
[If you’ve been showing up, even just a little, it means you’ve been working on something. So jot that down and remind yourself of where your focus and energy have been].
2. What are you most proud of from the last few weeks?
[Here we’re looking for daily wins. Like having a good breakfast on your busiest morning. Or making a smart eating decision in a tricky situation. You’ve done something to be proud of. Now’s the time to call it out].
3. How will you high-five yourself for the great work (in a healthy way)?
[Think about how you’ll celebrate your progress, even if it’s just a small reward that supports your goals – maybe you will treat yourself to a massage, or a new workout outfit?].
4. What more would you have liked to accomplish?
[Everyone thinks this kinda stuff…coulda, woulda, shoulda. Let’s get it down on paper, and then let it go. Write down what you wanted to get done… but didn’t].
5. What next thing can you do to move past what you think you ‘should’ have done, and keep you moving forward? [Think about the next step you can take, right now, to stay on track].
Four questions to ask yourself about what’s coming next:
1. Looking ahead to the next few weeks, what are you most looking forward to?
[In other words, what are you excited about? Looking forward to it? Ready to tackle?]
2. Knowing what you’re about to work on, what advantages do you think you have that’ll make progress more likely? [Tune in to your unique abilities. What ‘superpowers’ do you have that can help you in your efforts?]
3.Knowing what’s coming up in the next few weeks, what things are likely to stand in your way? [Consider the things that might prevent your progress.]
4. How can you prepare, right now, to make sure those things don’t get in your way? [Having listed things that might stand in your way, think about how you’ll prevent them from sabotaging you. How can you avoid obstacles before they happen?]
Have you heard that The Evolved next 12-week challenge is starting soon and we don’t want you to miss out on a spot [as these will fill up quickly]? If you are ready to take charge of your health this year and ready to take that next step towards progress get in touch with us for more details!
We are running a information night to explain everything about the challenge.
registration for this night is a must. Details on this link – https://www.facebook.com/events/825781654549229/
Please log in again. The login page will open in a new window. After logging in you can close it and return to this page.